Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Afore we fly.

Greetings minions and evil-doers the world over,

As some of you may already know, my parental units are taking me to one half of my ancestoral home at the end of the week, and I shall be celebrating the holidays in jolly old England. Can't wait to meet family members I never knew I had, and charm the pants off mum and dad's friends. All that and turkey too - smashing.

Before I get too carried away though, I must apologise for skipping a month. There's no excuse, so I won't make one. That said, I'll now flood this blog with photos capturing the last couple of months in all their glory - lots of stuff happened, and I'm sure there was a purpose to it all...

Well, Halloween came and went (as did the chocolates I collected - thanks Uncle Paul). Dad carved a groovy pumpkin for me, befitting my dark side.


I got all decked out in my best space smuggler gear - just call me 'Han'.


I wowed the chicks.


Before hitting the town with my best buddies.


And counting my ill-gotten gains.



Also that month, I discovered the joys of brisk walks on crisp evenings. Mum and dad took me to a new park and we all had fun.
I looked at the birds on the lake.


Then dad showed me the art of swinging.


And then mum helped me up and down the stairs - all in all a most productive evening.


November swung around, and with it came butterflies and Thanksgiving.
We went to see the butterfly migration at Santa Cruz, but there weren't very many to see. Luckily I had Uncle Paul on hand to point out that the clusters of dead leaves we were looking at were, in fact, Monarch butterflies.


Not dead leaves


Saw some cool caterpillers though.


And then we went to the beach where everyone took turns to pose with me, thus making them better citizens.
First Mum.


Then Dad.


Then Uncle Paul!

We also went to some friends' house for a Thanksgiving meal. I gave thanks for the opportunity to do a bit of housework, although I needed a Dyson if I was going to suck up that paper airplane.



Towards the end of November, we all went for a jaunt to the Star Trek exhibit at the Tech museum in San Jose. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw people actually dressed up for this event - surely Star Wars fans would never be this nerdy...


It was here that I gave a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Captain's log.'


As usual, I'll leave you with some random images that sum up the past couple of months for me.

Dad's pointing lessons were going poorly.


I discovered that leaves come many different colors, but mum still makes me wash my hands whether they be green or red or brown.


Sometimes a t-shirt can say a thousand words.


I am experimenting with different looks for my dark lord outfit. I call this one "you want fries with that?"


But I think this is the winner. Darth Tater won't miss his mask.


I am also working on building a real lightsaber. OK, so it's a flashlight, but it is purple.


I have discovered many new games to play.
This one is called 'couch chewing' - it helps me soothe my four new teeth that are causing me so much grief these days.


I call this one 'Mummy's little helper'. They don't seem to find this very funny though.


Finally, I'll leave you with me and new best friend. When he asked me what I wanted for christmas, I said 'world domination' and then peed on his leg. I don't think this guy's going to be checking his list twice this year...



Happy Holidays!!

HJB

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Harrison is looking so cute in his Han costume. It's good to get them started early.

take care,
Erica

amidalooine said...

Awesome to see that young Harry is spending his time in such worthy pursuits. Really.

Love the pics!

Merry Christmas!!!

xoxo...
Auntie ami

Robin Parker said...

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw people actually dressed up for this event - surely Star Wars fans would never be this nerdy...,

Surely...never, LOL

But I think this is the winner. Darth Tater won't miss his mask.,

I agree...LOL

Finally, I'll leave you with me and new best friend. When he asked me what I wanted for christmas, I said 'world domination' and then peed on his leg.,

That a boy, auntie Robin is soooo proud of you...ROTFL

I'll miss you and the whole fraking Baker-Clan while in England.

Have a jolly Christmas and I'll see you in the New Year. ;)

Love and hugs

Robin Parker said...

I'll miss you and the whole fraking Baker-Clan while in England.,

And I meant Baker-GILL clan...the whole nine yards...whatever...LOL

MO2YP said...

ahhhh....toddlerhood! Isn't it grand!? (No, really...it is!)

Awesome update and TOOOOOOOO CUTE pics - have fun as you visit the family...instead of "Across the Stars," you'll be "Across the Pond" :-)

Have a VERY merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

JediMelindaWolf said...

I am glad to hear and see that you still are in the swing of life, young Harrison! :-)

You grow more and more adorable with each passing day. Too bad we don't live closer to each other. I gladly would take you off your doting parents' hands for a few hours so they could go off on an excursion of their own. Then I'd get to give you back. ;-)

You're in gay England as I write this, and I just want to say that I hope you and your family have a rip-roarin' time.
Happy Holidays To You All!!!
Love,
Melinda :-)