Sunday, May 18, 2008

And so it begins...

Good day, future minions,

I had long suspected that my guards, the one known as mother and the one known as baldy, were slightly geeky. Yesterday confirmed my fears.

Through extensive use of my navel periscope and by pressing my semi-formed ear to the wall of 'bellyomom', I was able to acertain that my alleged parents had taken me to yet another 'convention'. Let me tell you, there is nothing conventional about these events, unless a large, musty hall filled with large, musty nerds buying large, musty toys and comics is indeed conventional.

However, I threw myself into the swing of things, and even wore my foetus grade spock ears (not that anyone noticed) in an attempt to blend in a little better.

After much traipsing around various stands, and spending my future college fund on assorted, unnecessary baubles, my guardians finally arrived at a table where a young man from New Zealand sat and chatted to them for a long time about something called Star Wars, and the starvation tactics used by someone called George to make him scowl on set. This young man was an actor called Daniel Logan, and it appears that he portrayed something called 'Young Boba Fett' in something called 'Attack of the Clones'.

This is all very confusing for a foetus.

As the conversation continued, though, I discovered that he was an extremely nice fellow, and extremely willing to write his name on photographs of himself for other people. When he saw my carrier's swollen belly, he immediately insisted on writing his name on one of these photographs for me - and here it is!

My alleged parents were delighted, and I must say I was rather touched by his generosity. So much so, that I think I've developed a taste for gathering people's names on photographs.
Mother, father, take me to another convention, immediately!

"Hello everybody. My name is Harrison, and I am a geek."

5 comments:

Sarlacc-Pitt said...

Let me tell you, there is nothing conventional about these events, unless a large, musty hall filled with large, musty nerds buying large, musty toys and comics is indeed conventional.

LOL!

Very fun story, and what an awesome autograph!

:D

GalacticBabe said...

Welcome to Geekdom, Master Harrison! :-D

jediprincess77 said...

Hey, you had a blast at a convention & got an autograph before even being born? NO FAIR! :P

amidalooine said...

Oh Harrison...When you make your debut in a few weeks, you can truly say that you were "born a geek." That's a distinction that not just any ol' someone can make. It makes you special!!!

Hugs from your e-auntie-to-be...

JediMelindaWolf said...

Harrison, all I can say is that, for some perverse reason, I think it only fitting that Daniel Logan, forevermore known as Young Boba, has welcomed you to the dark side. (what will this say about your terrible 2s???).

You can't be all bad, however, if you now count yourself as one who enjoys a good convention. :-)

And, no, there is nothing conventional about a convention. ;-)

MTFBWY,
JMW :-)