Monday, August 11, 2008

Want more?

My future minions have been crying out for more information - so here it is.

I was born on August 9th at 21:21 by cesarian section due to a couple of minor complications. All this means now is that I can only leave the house through the upstairs window rather than the front door.

Here is my first introduction to this world. Trust me, I have the names and numbers of these fellows.


All is going swimmingly here; I am being treated extemely well by the nice doctors and nurses, and mother and father have been getting to know me through excessive facial posturing and cheek stroking. I must say, mother is even more lovely than I had dared hope for!


We are really looking forward to going home, although I understand we have to stay in this building for a few more days while mother recuperates from her surgery. I can't help feeling a little bit guilty about that - sorry mom.

It's her birthday on Tuesday - looks like we'll be celebrating in bed!

I think father is the only one who realizes what he has unleashed upon the world - he must be dealt with, and swiftly...



Oh, and about the name change.

Mother was determined to find an Indian name for me, and after rejecting father's suggestions (namely Harrison Tikka Baker, Harrison Poppadum Baker and Harrison Big Chief Shaking Goat Baker), she found a most suitable name - Jaan.

Jaan is a word used in the Indian language; in Punjabi it means 'life' and in Hindu it means 'lifeforce'. Father was pleased that the force finally got in there somewhere...

Until next time,

HJB out.

17 comments:

jedi_iain said...

Welcome to the world Harrison.

And congratulations to your Mum and Dad!

jediprincess77 said...

WHAT A CUTIE PIE!!!!!!

I mean, what an intimidating dictator... ;)

Harrison, you are so teeny & just adorable! I like the new middle name...even though I wrote you a song to rhyme with "James." ;) Pretend not to notice, OK?

Be nice to your mum & dad! Especially mother. In fact, make sure father does everything mother wants! Haha!

amidalooine said...

Beautiful. Breathtaking. Amazing. And that's just your mom...

:D

Much love to all.

DJ Maul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Maul said...

Congrats Nobby & Kupdip!

Harrison looks adorable and Im so glad all are healthy and happy!

MO2YP said...

Wonderful! Excellent pics and perfect captions :) Harrison - you are a handsome little guy, to be sure!

LOVE the name change...very befitting.

Tell your Mum happy early birthday, and be sure your Dad takes good care of you both (which I'm sure he will)!!

Lisa Dullard said...

"Lifeforce" Wow, that's a beautiful meaning... and very appropriate. Your mom chose wisely... ;o)

Happy Birthday Harrison's Mommy!! :o)

Robin Parker said...

heehee...I can't wait to kiss and hug upon you. I bet you can't wait for that...LMAO.

Glad to hear mum is doing well...Your father, on the other hand...no comment.

ROTFLMAO

JediMelindaWolf said...

Harrison, you have absolutely no idea what a ride you have waiting for you once you make your great escape!!! As your surrogate auntie, I just have to say that I cannot wait to meet you in person. As one with decidedly light side tendencies, maybe I can have a bit of influence on you to curb your world domination tendencies. I hope to have just that opportunity, sometime within the next year when I'm out your way visiting my own padawan who also calls the Golden State her home.

Congrats Neil & Kidlup!!! He's absolutely beautiful. :-)

(Auntie) JMW :-)

JediMelindaWolf said...

that was supposed to be Kuldip, of course. :-)

Sorry about the typo. ;-) And I call myself a writer!


:-)

starthunder said...

The Lifeforce is unleashed!!

Congrats on the journey so far Harry! I don't think you could of asked for a more... um, interesting set of parental units :D

Happy 2 days in!

GalacticBabe said...

So adorable!!!


What a very appropriate middle name! Your parents did good, kid!

Hopefully you won't be too old by the time I get to see you for the first time!

Megatrends said...

Hey Nobby congrats on the bundle of love.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!

Welcome, baby HJB! You're so sweet!!!! Great middle name, too.

And happy birthday to mommy!

Darth Hiram said...

Congrats to the new Mum and Dad! The pictures are great, and good to hear everyone is happy and healthy. And I love the new middle name ... very fitting!

And happy birthday to Kuldip also!

~I'm Broken~ said...

Gorgeous baby!!!!!

Sarlacc-Pitt said...

I love all of these pictures... and the captions! :D I'm very happy for all of you... thanks for sharing these. :)